Friday, June 20, 2008

Johnny Lang in concert

Hey everybody--Went to see Johnny Lang last Friday at the venue that is the artists' absolute favorite to play in San Diego because it's outside and it's on the water--Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay.       W-H-A-T---A---S-H-O-W !
I didn't know Johnny Lang played guitar (Where have I been?) and he sang the daylight out of every kinda blues he had plus a great cover (great arrangement, too) of Stevie Wonder's "Living For The City."  
After Johnny Lang, headed to the backstage lounge to hear the Laurie Morvan Band. I tell ya, Laurie opened for John Mayall (photo of me and Laurie is from Mayall show last April) a few months ago and she's the best opening act I've ever seen or heard. That girl can play blues guitar. . . Too bad she wasn't booked to open for Johnny Lang.  The fellows from Nashville who opened for Lang did not have the blues and that's what we came to hear.

Don't keep your blues to yourself--share 'em!--Hattie

No comments: