Friday, September 11, 2009

San Diego Music Awards nominees




Well, last night I headed out to the San Diego Music Awards at Viejas. Joined World Music nominee "Kharmaman" Chris Vitas' entourage for dinner at the steakhouse, awards show immediately following.
Show opened with a blast and the bass in my chest from San Diego's shock-rock band The Burning of Rome, complete with real pig heads on stakes (see photo above). Kharmaman's CD nomination, iKharma, featured my violin poem (posted here on February 12) and was designed by San Diego's finest Martin Lindsay—there he is right there and he's extra extra ordinaire! He's the guy


who made me grin so big! His one-liners weren't half bad.

Anyway, before the show was over, Chris pulls his trigger finger because he didn't win. Next year for sure, Chris.


Great get-your-money's-worth performance by the "queen of steam" Best Blues CD nominee Michele Lundeen and a super-big stompin' hard


congratulations to Missy Andersen for her debut CD nominated in Best Blues Album. Sure wish she had won so I could say I have a song on an SDMA album. Bet my co-writer Heine Andersen wished the same thing. Well, we'll all dig in and get back to work on our new music for next year! In the meantime, more on pig heads next post.

PHOTO RIGHT: Heine Andersen live at Belly Up Tavern. ABOVE: Missy Andersen

No comments: