Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Mangled Heart and Beth Ditto


I was writing out the ache of my mangled heart and I stumbled on the indie rock punk blues band The Gossip and Beth Ditto (photo) singing the smokin'  "Yr Mangled Heart." Check it out. The video won MTV's video of the week April 08.  Beth's aim is to make you dance.  Born in Arkansas, the woman oozes groove and southern soul reigns underneath the rock punk.  She kinda makes my poem here a little pitiful.  If you want to take a look at the sharp pain and read the real mangled heart stuff, when you're done here, check my myspace blog.  Til next time, remember: Don't keep your blues to yourself. Sing 'em out, loud!

My Place In Your Heart

Where is my place in your heart?
I know you keep me there, but it's dark
There's no light, there's no music
Are you holding me tight
Behind a closed door
In a very small space
Locked up like a crazed child
You won't let anyone see?

You are keeping me under wraps
Because you love me and
You don't intend to go crazy
For any one or any thing
So I will not break free
Of the place you save for me
I will not touch you again
And you will live
Safe in the assurance
You will not burst
With joy or longing or hurt

You have signaled me to be still
Your thoughts of me must fade
Love's plague will be contained
When I am resigned
To the silence you impart
To reside in your heart
The only place
You allow me to stay
Near you
Always a whisper
Undying in the dark
My place in your heart

No comments: